These are all chemicals that are in fabric softener. You’ll be astounded by what kind of damage they can do!
1. Alpha-Terpineol – This dangerous chemical can cause health problems like dizziness, headaches, memory loss and even numbness in your face and pain in your neck and back.
2. Benzyl acetate – A toxic chemical that has been linked to pancreatic cancer. The fumes can cause irritation to your eyes and your airways.
3. Benzyl alcohol – Benzyl alcohol can cause a big number of health problems, like central nervous system disorders, headaches, nausea, vomiting, dizziness and extreme drops in blood pressure.
4. Chloroform – Chloroform is a powerful carcinogenic neurotoxin and can cause a lot of health problems like loss of consciousness, nausea, headaches, vomiting and/or dizziness, and drowsiness.
5. Linalool – This is a sedative that is known for causing respiratory problems and the loss of muscle coordination.
All of these nasty chemicals can be found in fabric softener! Not only that, but the stuff is also very expensive and very bad for the environment.
Of course, we understand you still want fresh and soft laundry. Luckily, there’s a very good, natural alternative…