Here’s what you need:
- a resealable plastic freezer bag
- 250 ml liquid dish soap
- 60 ml rubbing alcohol (or isopropyl alcohol)
This is everything you need to make a great ice pack!
Here’s what you need to do:
- Take the plastic bag and carefully pour in both the soap and the alcohol. If you don’t want to use soap, you can also use equal parts water and alcohol.
- Make sure the bag is filled about three-quarters of the way. Then, carefully squeeze all of the extra air out of the bag.
- If you want to be extra careful to make sure nothing leaks out of the bag, place another plastic bag around the freezer bag.
- Next, place the bag into your freezer, making sure it’s standing upright. Now, all you have to do is wait until it’s become ice cold. The filling will not freeze solid but instead remain flexible, which is due to the alcohol.
And that’s all there is to it! You’ve now made your own ice pack! When it’s warmed up again, you can simply put the pack back into the freezer to make it cool down again. Want visual instructions? Watch this video to see how it’s done:
Image: video still YouTube